Table of Contents Hide
If you’re looking for a break from the usual indoor activities, here are the list of games to play outside that will have you entertained for hours on end! From backyard football to Capture the Flag, there’s something for everyone in this roundup.
Games to Play Outside
There are many great games to play outside, but some of our favorites include:
- Bicycling: A great way to get some exercise and have fun at the same time!
- Hiking: A great way to explore nature and have fun while you’re doing it.
- Picnicking: Bring a picnic lunch and spend some quality time with your family or friends.
- Swimming: A great way to cool off on a hot day and have some fun too!
Outdoor games are perfect for when you want to get your blood pumping and your mind working. Here are some of the best Games to Play Outside:
- Hangman: This classic game is great for all ages and can be played in a variety of settings, from near a river to in the woods.
- Jenga: This classic game is also great for all ages and can be played indoors or outdoors. Add some spikes or other challenges to make it more interesting!
- Duck, Duck, Goose: This classic game is a lot of fun and can be played by children or adults. It’s also great for families who want to spend some time together outside without having to worry about electronics.
- Catch: This game is perfect for days when you want to relax and take a break from all the activity. Throw some balls in the air and see who can catch them most quickly!
Outdoor games are perfect for summer days. Whether you’re in the backyard with a friends or by yourself, these games are a blast.
- Tag along with your favorite character in a scavenger hunt.
- Play Capture ball to capture as many balls as possible.
- Set up a backyard pool and race to be the first one to get all of the balls into the pool.
- Create obstacle courses out of PVC pipe, paper plates, and plastic cups.
- Create a sandbox using construction sand and old toys.
Ball Games to Play Outside
One of the best things about summer is the opportunity to play outdoors in nature. There are so many great ball games to enjoy, and you don’t need any equipment other than a ball and some friends. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Catch: This classic game can be played by yourself or with friends, and is perfect for small areas like a lawn or a park. Simply throw the ball around and see who can catch it the most times.
- Tag: This game is great for groups of two or more people, and is especially fun when there’s a lot of running and jumping involved. Players try to tag each other while avoiding being tagged themselves.
- Pee-Wee Football: This classic game can be played by any age group, and is perfect for outdoor settings where there’s plenty of room to run around. Players must dodge obstacles while running with the ball toward the end zone.
- Frisbee Golf: This game can be played by two people on opposite sides of a golf course, with a Frisbee representing a golf ball. The goal is to hit the Frisbee as far as possible into
Horseshoe Games to Play Outside
There are a lot of great horseshoe games to play outside. You can find many variations of horseshoe that can fit any skill level, so there’s something for everyone. Some of our favorite horseshoe games to play are as follows:
Horseshoes for Two: One person stands in the center of the horseshoe with their feet close together. The other person stands next to them and throws the horseshoe as hard as they can towards the first person’s feet. The first person tries to catch the horseshoe before it hits the ground.
Horseshoes for Four: Two people stand in the center of the horseshoe with their feet close together. The other two people stand next to them and throw the horseshoe as hard as they can towards the first person’s feet. The first person tries to catch the horseshoe before it hits the ground.
Horseshoes for Six: Two people stand in each corner of the horseshoe, facing away from one another. The other two people stand next to them and throw the horseshoe as hard as they can towards the first person’s feet. The
Jigsaw games are a great way to get your family and friends together outside. They’re simple to set up, and can be enjoyed by everyone. Here are four jigsaw games that are sure to get your group engaged:
- Jigsaw Puzzle Adventure: This game is perfect for older children or adults. The object is to complete the puzzles before time runs out. This game can be played on a large or small piece of cardboard, and takes about 30 minutes to play.
- Jigsaw Picnic: This game is perfect for a summer picnic. Each player starts with a small piece of the puzzle, and must move the pieces around to fit them into the completed puzzle. This game can be played on a large piece of cardboard, or on a tablecloth if you have enough pieces. It takes about 45 minutes to play.
- Jigsaw Race: This game is perfect for younger children or preschoolers. The players start with small pieces of the puzzle, and must put them together in the right order to score points. The first player to score 10 points wins the game. This game can be played on a large piece of cardboard, or on a tablecloth if you have enough pieces.
Summer is the perfect time to go on a scavenger hunt! There are so many fun and interesting games to play outside that are perfect for a summer day. Here are five great scavenger hunts to get you started:
- Find all the animals in your backyard.
- Find all the coins in your flower bed.
- Find all the ingredients for a favorite recipe scattered around your kitchen.
- Find all of the dandelions in your lawn.
- Find all of the party hats at your local park
There’s nothing like a day spent outdoors playing games with friends, and here are some of our favorite games to play outside. Whether you’re looking for something simple like tag or something more challenging like capture the flag, these games will have you spending hours on end outdoors having fun!