Are you facing a problem with WhatsApp video messages? You’re not alone. Many face this glitch where videos just won’t show. But don’t worry. Fixing it is easier than you think. Here’s a simple guide to get those videos playing again. With a few steps, you’ll be back to chatting and sharing in no time. Let’s dive in and solve this together.
How to Fix Video Message Not Showing on WhatsApp
Follow the below steps to fix video messages not showing on WhatsApp:
1. Restart Your Phone
Beginning with the basics, restarting your phone can resolve numerous glitches, including app malfunctions. This process refreshes the system memory, closes all running apps, and can often clear up minor software issues that might be causing WhatsApp to malfunction. Simply press and hold the power button, select ‘Restart’ or ‘Reboot’, and wait for your device to power back up. Once your phone is back on, open WhatsApp to see if the video message is now visible.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is crucial for downloading and displaying media on WhatsApp. If your connection is weak or unstable, video messages may not load properly. Test your internet speed by opening a web browser and navigating to any website. If the website takes a long time to load or doesn’t load at all, your internet connection might be the issue. Try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to find a more stable connection, or toggle Airplane Mode on and off to reset your network settings.
3. Update WhatsApp
An outdated WhatsApp version can lead to various issues, including media display problems.
- Go to the app store on your device (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
- Search for WhatsApp and check if an ‘Update’ button is visible next to the app.
- If there’s an update, tap ‘Update’ to download and install the latest version. App updates include bug fixes and improvements that can resolve existing issues.
4. Clear the Cache of the WhatsApp App
The cache is where WhatsApp stores temporary data, which helps the app run faster. However, over time, this data can become corrupted, leading to issues within the app. Clearing the cache will not delete your messages or personal information but can help refresh the app’s functionality. Follow the below steps to clear the cache:
- Go to your phone’s Settings and look for the ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager’.
- Scroll to find WhatsApp, select it, and then tap on ‘Storage’.
- Hit ‘Clear Cache’.
This action clears temporary data that might be causing the app to malfunction. Restart WhatsApp after clearing the cache.
5. Check Device Storage Space
If your device’s storage is full, WhatsApp may not be able to download new media, including video messages. Check your device’s storage space in the settings menu. Here’s how you can do it:
- In your phone’s Settings, find and select ‘Storage’ to view available space.
- If your storage is nearly full, consider deleting unused files, apps, or media to free up space.
- After clearing space, try downloading or viewing the video message in WhatsApp again.
6. Ask for a Resend
Sometimes the issue might stem from the sender’s end, perhaps due to a problem during the upload process. Politely ask the sender to resend the video message. This can often bypass the issue if the original message was corrupted or didn’t upload correctly.
7. Check WhatsApp App Permissions
WhatsApp requires specific permissions to function properly, including access to your phone’s storage and camera for downloading and displaying videos.
- Access your phone’s Settings and navigate to ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’.
- Locate WhatsApp in the list of apps, select it, and then tap on ‘Permissions’.
- Ensure that the permissions for ‘Storage’ and ‘Camera’ are enabled. If not, toggle them on to allow WhatsApp to access these components of your device.
- Restart WhatsApp after adjusting the permissions and try to access the video message again.
8. Contact WhatsApp Support
If you’ve tried all the above steps without success, reaching out to WhatsApp support might be necessary.
- In WhatsApp, tap on ‘Settings’, then go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Contact Us’.
- Describe the problem you’re facing in detail, including the steps you’ve already taken to try and fix it and send the query.
There you have it, a comprehensive guide on how to fix the frustrating issue of video messages not showing on WhatsApp. By following these steps and troubleshooting methods, you can quickly resolve the problem and continue enjoying seamless communication with your contacts.