Minecraft is a game we all love. It’s like a big online Lego set. You can build anything you want. Sometimes, Minecraft gets updates. These updates add new things to the game. If you play Minecraft Bedrock on a PC, you might wonder how to get these updates. Let’s talk about how you can do this.
How To Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC
Updating Minecraft Bedrock on your PC is a simple process. Here’s how you can make sure you’re always playing the latest version:
Check for Automatic Updates
Minecraft Bedrock should ideally update itself when you launch the game. This means you’ll automatically get the newest features without doing much. You can confirm you’re on the latest version by checking the version number displayed on the bottom left corner of the Minecraft main menu.
Ensure Internet Connection
First things first, make sure your PC is connected to the internet. An active internet connection is necessary for downloading game updates.
Update via Microsoft Store
- Click on the Start Menu and open the Microsoft Store.
- In the Microsoft Store, click on the three dots in the top right corner, then select ‘Downloads and updates‘.
- Click ‘Get updates‘. This will look for updates for all your apps, including Minecraft. If an update for Minecraft is available, it will be downloaded and installed.
Direct Update for Minecraft
If you want to specifically update Minecraft without checking other apps, you can:
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- Use the search bar to find ‘Minecraft for Windows‘ or ‘Minecraft Launcher‘.
- Go to the game or launcher page, and you should see an ‘Update‘ button if an update is available. Click it to start updating.
Using the Xbox App
If you have the Xbox app installed on your PC, you can also update Minecraft through it:
- Open the Xbox app.
- Look for ‘Minecraft‘ in your games list.
- Click on Minecraft, then look for the ‘…‘ (more options) button next to the play button.
- Click ‘Manage‘, then ‘Updates‘. If an update is available, you’ll be able to download and install it from here.
If Minecraft doesn’t update, try restarting your PC and checking your internet connection. Sometimes, logging out of the Microsoft Store or Xbox app and logging back in can help refresh your account and push updates.
Now you know how to update Minecraft Bedrock on your PC. If you have questions, ask us in the comments. We’re here to help. If this guide helped you check out our other guides for more tips.
Remember, keeping your game updated lets you enjoy all the new things Minecraft adds. So, follow these steps and keep your game fresh. Happy gaming!